Tuesday, December 14, 2021

TWD…. Mokonut’s Rye-Cranberry Chocolate Chunk Cookies


This week our challenge was to make “Mokonut’s Rye-Cranberry Chocolate Chunk Cookies

The story behind these very yummy cookies that Dorie shared with us was that People come from all around the world to eat at MoKonut’s, which is a small little restaurant in Paris. It is always full and everyone comes for the same dessert which is one of MoKo Hirayama’s cookies. The story is that she only makes a few varieties, but the all share the same chubbiness, texture and uncommon flavor profiles. 

This recipe had me at first hesitation, rye and bittersweet chocolate was not a flavor combination that I would have contemplate for a cookie and living so far away from the nearest grocery store I was a little limited on my ingredients. So as most of you that have followed along with me and this baking group knows that I can’t share the exact recipe with you, but I can tell you that I replaced the rye flour with Spelt flour and the bittersweet chocolate with white chocolate chips. 

I can honestly tell you that I was sweetly surprised at how wonderfully delicious they are and when eaten warm they were the highlight of my day. I was debating if I should add the whole 1/3 cup of poppy seeds or not and I am so glad I did… you can find the recipe and the rest of the story behind these cookies on page 163 in Dorie Greenspan’s new cook book entitled “Baking with Dorie: Sweet, Salty & Simple”

1 comment:

  1. Your substitutions sound good; spelt flour and white chocolate. We loved these.

    ReplyDelete