Tuesday, January 12, 2010

"Tuesday's with Dorie"... Mrs. Vogel’s Scherben

We just totally and simply took a pass on this recipe. We don't eat lots of fried things anymore and filling my body with these just really didn't make much sense. I do know they are very tasty though... if not fried to long. There was a time in my younger days when I made these quite often, That is probably why I can't have them now!

But just to tell you a little about the recipe....


"scherben"  is the German word for fragments or pieces - and  this recipe is cookies or strips of fried dough, dusted with powdered sugar. They are very plain tasting and we like ours sprinkled with cinnamon & sugar like a snickerdoodle.  Mrs Vogel was a real person who had a son who adored them and she would make them for him as often as she could.

No comments:

Post a Comment