#1... Meat with a higher fat content will be juicier but will also shrink more when it cooks. So make sure to make your patties a little larger than the bun you are planning on using.
#2... If you shop at a store or local market, where the butcher grinds their own beef, choose coarsely ground beef for juicier burgers with a more pleasing texture.
#3... My husband like to mix ground pork, turkey and beef together for a richer burger. But shhhh!... that is our little family secret! :)
Grilled Burgers (Harris Style)
- 2 pounds mixed ground beef, pork and or turkey
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
- 1/2 medium onion diced
- 1/4 pound chopped, crisp cooked bacon
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 1/8 cup shredded carrots (gotta sneak in the veggies)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Sweet Baby Ray's BBQ Sauce
Preparation: Mix everything together thoroughly, the shape into 8 slightly larger than bun sized patties. Grill, broil or pan fry until well done, about 4 minutes per side.