Very grateful for the chance to share today with my awesome family. We were missing a few... . But they were never more than a thought away. Other than eating late due work schedules, sick people and our car getting broke into, our day was filled with traditions, family stories and fun! One of our traditions every year is to try a new recipe... This year, I decided the recipe would be the breakfast treat to share while we watched the parade. (Another family tradition!)
SOOOOO, I decided to make homemade "Salted Caramel Bacon Donuts" I keep hearing rave reviews about bacon & salted caramel this and bacon & salted caramel that. Anyway, after searching for several months for good recipes, no luck! I came up with my own, Here are the results.... They were delicious!
- 3 tbsp buttermilk
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 cups cake flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tbsp butter cut
- 3 tbsp sea salt
- 2 cups caramel sauce frosting
- 1/2 lbs. cooked bacon (crumbled)
- Lightly spray pan.And set aside. In bowl shift flour, cocoa , baking soda, and baking powder. Mix in sugar and salt, add in butter using your fingers to blend everything together. In a small bowl, mix egg, buttermilk and vanilla. Then add to flour mix and fold together.
- Pour batter in donut pan so that it's 1/2 full and bake for 8-10 mins.
- Once bake take out and cool. After it has cool, drizzle caramel sauce over donuts and sprinkle sea salt and crumbled bacon over the top.