Today was National Chocolate Chip Cookie day. And since we are virtually in the Caribbean, we decided to make some Caribbean chocolate chip cookies.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon pineapple juice
- 1/2 cups fresh coconut shredded
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup chopped white chocolate
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1. Beat butter and sugar at medium speed with an electric mixer 2 minutes or until light and fluffy. Add egg, beating until smooth, stopping to scrape down sides as needed. Stir in vanilla and pineapple juice.
- 2. Stir together flour, baking soda, and salt. Gradually add to butter mixture, beating at low speed until blended. Stir in coconut, white chocolate and almonds into batter. Drop by rounded tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart on lightly greased or parchment paper-lined baking sheets. Bake, in batches, at 350° for 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool completely on wire racks.