Thursday, August 23, 2012

Zucchini Bread

About a week ago a friend of mine gave me this gigantically huge zucchini and I haven't really had any time to do anything with it. So today, we are making zucchini bread out of half of it and the other half will be zucchini relish tomorrow.

My favorite Zucchini bread recipe came from my Aunt... This is delicious zucchini bread made with ground zucchini, ground up with one of the old hand grinders. I love my grinder, it beats any modern day food processor.

Ingredients:

  • 3 cups shredded raw zucchini
  • 4 eggs
  • 1 3/4 cups sugar
  • 1 cup vegetable oil
  • 1/2 cup applesauce
  • 3 cups flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 teaspoons cinnamon
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla
  • 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans

Preparation:

I like to make this recipe using my hands...
Rest ground zucchini in vegetable strainer for about 10 minutes, squeeze gently to remove extra liquid. In a large mixing bowl beat eggs, sugar, and oil together. Stir in the flour, baking powder, soda, cinnamon, salt, vanilla, and nuts, mixing just until all ingredients are combined and moist. Add drained zucchini. Mix well. Pour into 2 greased and floured 8 1/2 x 4 1/2-inch loaf pans. Bake for 55 to 60 minutes at 350°, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes clean. 

No comments:

Post a Comment