Friday, October 24, 2014

"French Fridays with Dorie" - Cannelés

We are doing a little french baking today in honor of a wonderful chef and her new cookbook coming out this week. Even though, we have not yet met Dorie Greenspan in person, I love her creativity and yummy goodness that comes from her kitchen through her books and the wisdom she shares with our group.
I chose to make the Cannelés, these are new for us here at the pantry. They turned out very classy and yummy... Since we don't cook with rum, My little twist on these sweet treats is I replaced the dark rum with some new coconut balsamic that I just acquired. Yummy....... 
Happy Birthday Dorie!

1 comment:

  1. Those look so cute! The shape is very sweet and I like the idea of coconut balsamic. It must have lent an interesting flavour.

    ReplyDelete