Friday, January 8, 2016

Milk Bread

   Okay... So this week, my Fruitful Friday is based around exploring all the wonderful options and recipes that can be baked in my new Terracotta / Clay cooker, known as a "Cloche" I have been making bread since I was a little girl, but this past year since I started baking with the artisan bread group here on Facebook, I have been intrigued with the clay baking pots. I got one for Christmas and I was so excited to finally get time to play with it today. Here are are a couple of links that I found very helpful...

www.artisanbreadinfive.com
www.thefreshloaf.com

 The photos are of my first loaf of "Milk Bread" baked in my clay baking dish. please share any info or tips you have if you use one of these styles of baking dishes. I am very interested in what everyone thinks.

You will need:
 1 1/2 cup warm whole milk
1 large egg (at room temperature)
 1/4 cup sugar
2 Tablespoons melted butter
1/2 cup all purpose flour
3 1/2 cups bread flour
1 tablespoonactive dry yeast
1 teaspoons salt
 In a large bowl or a mixer, add the milk, egg, sugar, melted butter and salt. Using wooden spoon or the dough hook attachment, mix to desolve sugar and salt. Add yeast, Let it set for 15 minutes. Next add flours and mix well, occasionally stopping to push the dough together. If you’re in a humid climate and the dough is too sticky, feel free to add a little more all purpose flour 1/4 cup at a time until it comes together. If you don’t have a mixer and would like to knead by hand, extend the kneading time by 5-10 minutes.

No comments:

Post a Comment