Tuesday, November 14, 2023

TWD: Peacan-Cranberry Loaf

This week our “Tuesday’s with Dorie” recipe was “Pecan - Cranberry Loaf” found on page 73 in her most recent cookbook entitled “Baking with Dorie: Sweet, Salty & Simple”. I have really spending time this year with this group and have enjoyed many recipes, I always seem to learn something new from every recipe and for this I am GRATEFUL! 😁

Since, out of respect to Dorie, we have been asked not to share the exact recipe, I thought I would share a couple of tips that I learned from this very yummy, “have to make again” loaf of sweet style bread. world.

… my First thought was the recipe called for 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander, was not sure how I felt about that being in the flavor profile. So I made two loaves, one loaf without and the other loaf I used fresh ground coriander and I was like… “Why haven’t I thought to try this before” it made all the difference in the

… the other tip I learned from this recipe was before adding the orange zest into the mix, Dorie recommended rubbing the orange zest into the white sugar with my hands before adding it to the mix. This also made a huge difference. It brightened the orange flavor and gave it more umph without the bitter back-taste that sometimes comes with baked orange zest. 

… The other thing for me and this recipe was it called for chopped fresh or frozen whole cranberries, which I didn’t have and because I live so far from town, I used fresh Blackberries that I had on Hand. 


I totally and completely fell in love with this recipe… I am pretty sure it might be served alongside my fruitcake at Christmas this year.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment