But in keeping with the spirit of Sunday, we have decided to keep things simple and carefree. The dish featured today is actually a dish that could be made a day ahead. They were very tasty... We couldn't find any baby artichokes, so we went ahead and used large ones. They worked okay, just a lot more cleaning was involved and I think the next time we make them we will reduce the white wine, but none-the-less they were very delicious. This dish can also be mashed down and served over orechiette pasta.
Apulian Artichokes "Braised Baby Artichokes"
- 12 baby or 6 large artichokes
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1 cup water
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon sour cream
- 1 teaspoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh mint
- Garnish: chopped fresh mint
- Special equipment: a melon-ball cutter