Today we wanted something easy to make, travels well and we could take it with us to enjoy at the beach. The recipe we are featuring today is...
For the caponata
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 cup cooked peperoncino-spiked pork sausage
- 1/4 cup chopped peperoni
- 1-1/2 cups 1/4-inch dice unpeeled eggplant (about 1-1/4 pounds)
- 3/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/3 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup chopped pitted green olives
- 1-1/2 tablespoons chopped dates
- 3 tablespoons golden raisins
- 3 tablespoons pine nuts,
- 2 plum tomatoes, cut into 1/4-inch diced (about 1 cup)
- 1 half lime juiced.
- 1/4 cup finely chopped flat-leafed parsley leaves
- 12 slices of warm country-style Italian bread