Wednesday, November 12, 2014

TWD: BCM#1 - "Palets de Dames", Lille Style

Yesterday our "Tuesday's with Dorie" Group started enjoying the recipes from Dorie Greenspan's new cookbook Baking Chez Moi. I held off one more day hoping that my copy would be here, but no.... I am so excited... I couldn't wait any longer. So today, we give you "Palets de Dames", Lille Style. This recipe is posted on the book’s Amazon page as a sample recipe. These yummy little cookies are very easy to make and really hit the spot if you are craving something tiny and sweet.

We enjoyed our with sprinkles and chocolate shavings. Even though these little gems were easy to make they were not a big hit at my house, so not sure if I will make them again unless for a wedding or possibly a baby shower.


If you are interested in joining our new cookbook group or just looking for the recipe or more information, check us out at http://tuesdayswithdorie.wordpress.com/

9 comments:

  1. I was pretty excited about this book arriving too! Chocolate shavings were a nice idea.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where I live (Carmel CA) we get our mail delivered to the post office and the day I received my cookbook I stood in the post office reading through the pages because I could not wait to get home...despite it being only a 15 minute walk!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm sorry thee weren't a hit at your house! I hope your book as arrived now and you are looking at other recipes that your family will enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought about a chocolate glaze for these. The chocolate shavings sound like an inspired choice.

    Nice meeting you, Annie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The cookies look nice, I am sorry they didn't go over too well. It will be nice to bake along with you on this gorgeous
    new book from Dorie.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You've given me an idea! Next time, chocolate icing... can you add cocoa to a powdered sugar glaze, I wonder? Might be worth a try. My book arrived just as I was finishing up the cookies!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your cookies look so cute. I had to giggle on the chocolate sprinkles as believe you me, this is a chocolate loving group...I am the rare exception and I was totally surprised that more people did not "chocolate these up" this week. LOL...in round one of TWD if there was a chance to put chocolate on, in, under, or around anything, they were all doing it and loving it!! :-) Fun to see you fitting in right away. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty cookies…love the chocolate sprinkles! I really enjoyed mine with my tea, a perfect tea cookie! Sorry they were not a hit in your house!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your cookies look great! They would make a nice addition to a baby shower menu. I enjoyed these, sorry you did not. I'm sure there are lots of other recipes in the book that you will enjoy.

    ReplyDelete