Monday, January 28, 2013

Make-Over Monday ....Oh What A Craving!!!

All week I have been craving Spinach and Artichoke dip. And... still in the spirit of trying to lose some more weight I decide that I could have my "Cake and eat it too" so to speak... I took my favorite Spinach & Artichoke Dip recipe and with a little help from Kraft, I re-worked it to make it low-cal... IT WAS AWESOME!
So I am sending you, with love, our new and approved...

Awesome Spinach & Artichoke Dip ~ Made Over
1 can (14 oz.) artichoke hearts, drained, finely chopped
1 pkg. (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, drained
3/4 cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
3/4 cup Light Mayonnaise
1/2 cup Shredded Reduced Fat Mozzarella Cheese
1/2 tsp. garlic powder

This recipe can be served cold or hot...

For warm dip, PREHEAT oven to 350°F. Mix all ingredients until well blended.
SPOON into 9-inch pie plate or quiche dish.
BAKE 20 min. or until heated through. Serve with Your Favorite Reduced Fat Crackers and assorted cut-up fresh vegetables.

Makeover Savings

Keep the creamy, cheesy flavor of this popular dip by combining Parmesan and mozzarella cheese in place of 2 cups of mozzarella cheese, and using 3/4 cup KRAFT Mayo Light Mayonnaise. These simple tweaks will save 50 calories and 5.5 grams of fat per serving compared to the traditional recipe

For even a more Low-Cal Variation - Awesome Spinach and Mushroom Dip
Substitute 1 cup chopped fresh mushrooms instead the artichoke hearts.




MY ORIGINAL RECIPE CAN  BE FOUND AS THE POST ON DECEMBER 21, 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment