Today we are featuring Colonial Corn Chowder.
COLONY CORN CHOWDER
- 6 large soda crackers or biscuits
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ lb salt pork
- 1 good large onion, sliced
- 4 large potatoes, pared, sliced
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups of corn cut whole from the cob
- 1 ¼ tsps salt
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- Soak crackers or biscuits in sweet milk.
- Cut salt pork into cubes and brown over medium fire
- Add onion and cook until soft.
- Add potatoes and water, then cook until potatoes are soft but not all broken
- Stir in the cracker-milk mixture, corn, salt, and paprika
- Heat all through
- Serve piping hot
- Serves 8 people