Tuesday, January 28, 2014

"Tuesday's with Dorie" - Vanilla Chiffon Roll

I am excited for today's challenge. The Vanilla Chiffon Roll is one of my favorite desserts. I grew up calling it "Jelly Roll", my mother use it make it and fill it with some of her fresh homemade jelly and jams, topped with fresh whipped cream from our jersey cow. It was rolled up heaven!


Traditionally, Chef Julia Childs filled hers with chocolate mousse and candied walnuts, but we decided to fill ours with our new Mayhaw Berry Jelly from a couple of weeks ago. You can fill it with so many yummy things. I hope everyone joins us today and gives it a try.



You can find the recipe here... http://www.alacartetv.com/baking/recipes/vanilla_chiffon_choc_mousse.htm

6 comments:

  1. Ya I am also familiar with jelly rolls or Swiss rolls but had never made them before. What a wonderful idea to use the jelly.nyour piece of cake looks so tempting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your jelly roll looks wonderful! I'm sure it was quite tasty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty with the re jelly. Definitely a keeper.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks great! This chiffon cake would be wonderful with jam and a dollop of whipped cream. I remember jelly rolls from when we were kids too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think I would have preferred the jelly version. This sounds delicious.

    ReplyDelete