Today... over on the Artisan Bread Baking page, Sophia Wong posted an amazing picture and recipe of a "garlic & herb pull-a-part" bread. I couldn't resist, the recipe turned out perfect even after I converted it from grams to ounces. Very YUMMY! Sophia... Thank you for sharing
Old dough provides good rise and volume to bread.
100g AP flr,
1/8 t yeast.
Mix all and rest in RT 1 hr and chill overnight.
180g Bread flr,
70g AP flr,
1/2 t yeast (1t is not using SD)
Filling: melted butter, fresh chopped herbs, minced garlic, shredded cheddar n pamersan cheese. Some sesame seeds
1. Mix the Old Dough w Main Dough, knead well until gluten developed. Cover n proof till doubled in size, 1.5-2 hr.
2. Preshape the dough to round shape and bench rest 20 mins.
3. Roll dough out into a 12x20 inch rectangle size. Brush w melted butter, sprinkle the filling on top.
4. Divide the dough to 4 equal strips and slice the strips into 5 equal slices again. 20 in total.
5. Layer the dough squares in a 9x5 greased loaf pan. Cover. Final proof for 1 hr or until almost doubled in size.
6. Glaze butter on top and sprinkle some cheese on top. Bake 220C for 30 mins until the top is golden brown.