Tuesday, July 14, 2015

TWD: "Baking Chez Moi" - Apricot Raspberry Tart


       The recipe challenge for this week was "Apricot Raspberry Tart" found on page 145 of "Baking Chez Moi" , by Dorie Greenspan. This is one recipe where I truly still like mine better.... I love the richness of this dessert and I thought this particular recipe lacked flavor and was not a good blend of ingredients.  It looked very pretty when finished tough. I also love to add fresh chopped pecans to mine, I think they add just that right touch of fall nuttiness that makes the dessert complete.

I think I would like to add my own recipe here this time... just in case anyone would love to try them and compare them both.  I would love to read some honest feedback about what you think....

Here is my recipe...
Ingredients:
* 1 cup raspberries
* 3 cups apricots (peeled, cored & thin sliced)
* 1 cup granulated sugar
* 1 teaspoon lemon juice
* 1 teaspoon vanilla
* 1/4 teaspoon salt
* 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
* 1 cup quick cooking oats
* 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
* 5 tablespoons butter, room temperature
* 1/2 cup chopped pecans
Preparation:
Mix together raspberries, apricots, granulated sugar, lemon juice, vanilla and salt; pour into a buttered 9 X 13 baking dish. Combine brown sugar, oats, pecans and flour. cut in butter until well blended, it will be crumbly. Spoon over cranberry-apple mixture. Bake at 325° for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until topping is light brown and crispy. The fruit should be tender but not mushy.

2 comments:

  1. So sorry to hear this was a disappointment to you, but your recipe does sound interesting. It was definitely a big hit in our house.

    ReplyDelete