- 6 pickled jalapeno or 3 sweet banana peppers
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 8 oz. cream cheese
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon chopped bacon
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 2 pound bulk pork sausage
- 3 cups breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon canned green chilies chopped
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 1 cup favorite BBQ dipping sauce and Sweet Pineapple & Pear salsa. (Recipe found below)
- Mix together cheese, cream cheese, onion, garlic, bacon, Cut each pepper in half lengthwise; remove seeds and stems. Stuff each pepper half with about 1 tablespoon cheese mixture. In a bowl, combine the uncooked sausage, 1/2 cup breadcrumbs and green chilies. Salt and pepper to taste, mix well. Shape about 2 tablespoonfuls around each pepper.
- Dip into eggs, then roll in the rest of the bread crumbs. Place on a baking sheet coated with cooking spray. Grill or Bake at 350° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown.
Nutritional Facts 1 appetizer equals 126 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 36 mg cholesterol, 543 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 5 g protein.
- 1 Bartlett pear, peeled, cored, and diced. Needs to be fresh, canned does not work well.
- 1 cup fresh pineapple, chopped & drained (can use 1 can tidbits)
- 1 cup dried cranberries or dried blueberries
- 1/2 tsp chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon mango juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped red onion
- 1 tablespoon sweet red pepper, chopped fine
In a glass bowl, combine the pear, pineapple, cranberries and red pepper. Allow to stand for at least 10 minutes. Stir in juice, onion and cilantro, Allow to stand another 10 minutes before serving.
Makes 2 1/2 cups or 4 generous servings.