Even though we are not a spicy kind of family, I love the bold flavors of Moroccan grilled meats and seafood. Plus on a side note, if you have a well stocked pantry, you should have everything you need all ready. Makes this dish wonderfully easy... We serve it with a green summer salad,
- 1/3 cup curry powder
- 4 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- Zest from half an orange
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pound jumbo shrimp, shells removed and deveined
- Rosemary sprigs as skewers or wooden skewers, soaked in water for 30 minutes
- 1 9-ounce jar cocktail sauce
- Mix the first nine ingredients together in a bowl.
- Heat the grill to medium hot.
- Sprinkle the shrimp with the rub mixture.
- Skewer the shrimp three or so to a skewer.
- Grill shrimp until both sides are a bright orange pink.
- Serve on skewers or remove and place in a glass with cocktail sauce.