But the one thing that I did want to share about the afternoon was the new
recipe that I made today. It is a Mediterranean style of Tapenade and it was so tasty and easy to make.
- 1 cup fresh tomatoes, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh broccoli, finely chopped
- 2-4 small white button mushrooms, chopped
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon finely chopped red pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 ounces crumbled feta cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil, chopped
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 narrow Italian or French loaf of bread
- 1 head garlic, cut in 1/2 crosswise
- Place chopped tomatoes, basil & mushrooms in a large saute pan. Stir in the 2 tablespoons olive oil, (save the other 2 for bruschetta), red pepper, garlic, basil, black pepper, and balsamic vinegar and mix well, warm up on low for 2 minutes. Cover and chill for at least four hours before serving.
- To make the bruschetta base: Slice the loaf of bread, on the bias, into 1/2-inch slices, (about 12-15 per loaf). Rub each slice with fresh garlic clove and then brush with olive oil. Place bread in oven on sheet pan, bake on 350 until golden brown on both sides, about 2 minutes on each side. Serve warm with chilled Tapenade.
- To serve: Fold feta into Tapenade, Place bread slices on serving dish, spoon 2 tablespoons of Tapenade onto each slice of bread and serve.
Nutritional InformationServing size is 2 pieces...
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 114 / Total Fat: 11.1g / Cholesterol: 8mg / Sodium 110mg / Protein 2.0g